Are You The Right Fit For Our Growing Team?
We are Archadeck of Birmingham, the Birmingham area’s leading designer and builder of outdoor living spaces such as decks, porches, screened porches, and three season rooms. Archadeck is seeking professionals with established track records in managing customer expectations and delivering projects to meet / exceed the company's budgetary and quality requirements. Our company is growing due to our nationally recognized and awarded brand and reputation in the area and welcome the right candidate to join our team of seasoned construction and sales professionals. Previous carpentry experience with residential projects and specifically porch construction is required, as are strong inter-personal communication skills, excellent customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to follow our documented processes. Archadeck of Birmingham provides competitive pay based on experience and will only review submissions from qualified candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PORCH BUILDER
Archadeck of Birmingham is founded on excellent customer service, building practices and professionalism. We expect our team members to be professional in every way. We work very hard, and strive for excellence in everything we do. Carpenters must be dependable and take pride in their work. The right candidate must be able to cultivate a positive atmosphere, lead with a positive attitude when the going gets tough, and maintain the highest level of craftsmanship, professionalism, efficiency and respect. Candidate must be teachable and willing to ask questions, learn from mistakes and also be willing to be held accountable in all areas. Must be self-motivated and a great problem solver. There will be room to grow based upon your production efficiency and willingness to be a team player.
The right candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years of carpentry experience with at least 2 years specializing in porch structures that require a sidewall connection or roof tie in.
- Must be able to read plans, be organized and be a positive, effective communicator.
- Must have all their own tools necessary.
- Must have the ability, knowledge and expertise to also install screen to a porch along with a convertible window system for three season porch additions.
- Must be able to multitask, give and follow directions.
- Must be able to work outside as this is a porch builder position which means an onsite environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of Residential Building Code (IRC/ICC) and how it applies to outdoor remodeling and porch additions.
- Almost all of our work is outside so candidates must be willing to work in the elements.
- Candidates must be able to speak English fluently and effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to drive anywhere in our service area to jobsites.
This is a full-time 1099 subcontractor position with plenty of opportunity for growth during our busy season. As a member of our team we want you to be invested in the success of the company.