The question of whether we do repair jobs, or small jobs, is one we receive very often here at Archadeck of Birmingham. The answer to this question is not a hard yes or no. This is because each one of our projects is just as unique as the homeowners we build for. Many variables come into play when designing a custom outdoor living space. We build both large and small scale projects, however, we are not a handyman service.
Perhaps you are familiar with the Archadeck name. Archadeck of Birmingham is a locally-owned and operated custom outdoor living space contractor, with the backing of a trusted national brand. Rather than being a general contractor, who offers a myriad of services, we specialize in just outdoor living spaces.
We love forging a relationship with the folks we build for. Our clients are like family to us. While we wish we could be the perfect choice for every prospective client and every outdoor living related project, there are times when we might not be the best choice for your particular needs. This is not to say that your project is not important to us. As a specialized outdoor living design and build firm, our niche might be just outside the realm of your needs.
Do we build small projects, or perform repair work?
This answer is not a hard yes or no. It really does depend. For instance, if you are looking to replace a couple of decking boards or a porch post, or repair a deck stair, Archadeck will likely not be your best choice. However, if you are looking for a new deck, or deck upgrade or extension, we can accommodate that! While we would love to be able to work with everyone to achieve their outdoor living goals, super-small projects and repairs are not what we do best. We are likely not be your most cost-effective choice for these types of projects because our process is unique and it applies to every qualified project that we perform – large or small.
The Archadeck process includes:
1. Connect – Our prospective clients reach out to us via telephone or email to discuss their outdoor living space project. During this initial connection, we can discern whether we will be the correct fit for your needs. If so, we go to step two!
2. Consult – Every prospective Archadeck of Birmingham client will be able to take advantage of our no-obligation outdoor living consultation. During this consultation, we discuss your design needs, personal tastes and take a look at your current space to determine the type, shape, and size of your project. We take measurements and make any needed documentation in advance of your design. We also discuss products and materials that you might like to use for your project, such as low-maintenance decking, or cedar for your screened porch.
3. Design – Each qualified consultation will then proceed to create a customized design of the new space you have in mind. Archadeck of Birmingham does charge a design retainer for this service, which is deducted from the contract price of your project once you sign. We also include product specifications and a quote for your project. You are under no obligation with us until we sign your contract!
4. Build– Once we have your design approved and contract signed, we will take care of all permitting requirements, and get you onto our building schedule. Our contractors are the best in the business – experienced in building decks, porches, and more. They are also experienced with specialty outdoor building materials, such as composite decking and Eze-Breeze porch windows. Each Archadeck outdoor living project is backed by the strongest guarantees and warranties in the outdoor building business.
> Read about Understanding Your Outdoor Living Project Timeline…
Remember, Our ultimate goal is YOUR satisfaction and enjoyment!
5. Enjoy – This is the best part! At Archadeck of Birmingham, we our poised on your satisfaction. Our goal is to give you the best space for your enjoyment, and we never tire of seeing our clients’ reactions to their new outdoor living space!
What if your small outdoor living project or repair work does fit within our capabilities?
If we believe that we can perform your project cost-effectively, we will set up a no-obligation design consultation. Even though you would not be obligated to hire us until you sign your contract, we do require a design retainer if we create a custom design.
Let Archadeck of Birmingham design and build that amazing outdoor space you have always dreamed of. Contact us today to learn more at (205) 576-5780 to schedule your deck design consultation.
— Derek & Carissa Crews, owners Archadeck of Birmingham.