Seeking responsible, reliable crews of 2 or more talented carpenters
Archadeck of Columbus is always on the lookout for responsible, reliable crews of 2 or more carpenters to build decks, porches and hardscapes. We offer fair pay and consistent, year-round work. We handle all of the selling as well as the job design. We provide you with blueprints prior to the job start. We handle the material ordering. Our construction superintendents are frequently on-site to resolve any questions as they arise. Our successful crews do 90% of their work for us and have worked for us for a long time.
Construction Crew Job Description:
To qualify as a crew for us, you must carry both workers compensation and general liability insurance. You must have knowledgeable, skilled, experienced people working for you. You must have the standard tools and reliable transportation necessary to do this type of work. We value consistency, reliability and, most of all, quality work. Our customers expect their projects to be built correctly and on time, and we expect our crews to deliver on those expectations.
Note that our construction crews are not employees of Archadeck. They are independent subcontractors who own and run their own businesses. They are free to do work for others in addition to the work they do for us. They manage their own time (as long as they meet the expectations of our customers), and are responsible for their own employees and tools, etc. Any income paid to our sub-contractors will be reported on form 1099 at the end of the year, and they are responsible for paying the related taxes.
• Review job specs, blueprints, bill of materials, etc. with the Construction
Manager prior to the start of the job.
• Demo job sites as needed. Coordinate municipal inspections with the Construction Manager to avoid downtime.
• Work reliably every day from job start to job finish (except weekends). Ensure a high quality of work on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain a clean job site.
• Maintain a professional atmosphere on the job site.
• Coordinate with the Construction Manager about any missing materials and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complete follow-up punch list items on a timely basis.