Happy New Year, Columbus, Ohio!
Should one of your resolutions for 2023 be to finally have that new deck built – or to redeck or upgrade the one you already have after years of wear and tear – this important information is for you.
1. Ask For Reputable Deck Builder Recommendations: Talk to your neighbors, family, and associates that you know and trust who have recently had a deck built. In addition, you can also speak with local real estate agents, as they may have a list of reliable contractors that they typically share with their home buying and home selling clients.
2. Check Online Reviews: In this world where virtually everyone shares what they are feeling about certain situations – both good and bad – online reviews can be a Godsend. Look for reviews of deck builders in Columbus on websites like Yelp, Google, HomeAdvisor, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These reviews can give you an idea of the quality of work and customer service offered by different deck builders. Pay attention to both positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded view of the builder.
3. Check With Professionals In The Know: If you don’t get the comfort level you need to move forward with a decision on which deck builder to use after speaking with friends and neighbors, speak to local home improvement stores to get recommendations for deck builders in the Columbus area. Many people in the trade are happy to share their experiences with contractors and can give you valuable insights into the quality of different builders' work.
4. Get Estimates From Deck Builders Who Have Been In Business For A While: It's a good idea to get estimates from several deck builders in the Columbus area to compare prices and services. This will help you find the best value for your money. When getting estimates, be sure to provide the same level of detail to each builder so you can accurately compare the cost of different options. Most importantly, be sure they have been in business for a long period of time and are well experienced in every aspect of deck building and service after the construction. Those with a good reputation in the community should move to the top of your list. Also, ask for references and follow up with previous clients to get an idea of the deck builder's reliability and quality of work.
5. Check The Credentials Of Deck Builders You Are Considering: Make sure the deck builder you choose is licensed and insured in the state of Ohio. You can check with the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board to verify the builder's license. Additionally, make sure the builder has liability insurance to protect you in case of any accidents or damage during the construction process.
6. Ask About Their Experience In Building Both Wood And Low Maintenance Decks: Look for a quality deck builder with experience building decks similar to what you want. Ask about their past projects and any challenges they faced and how they addressed them. This will give you an idea of their problem-solving skills and how well they can handle unexpected issues that may arise during the construction process.
7. Review Their Completed Deck Construction Projects: Take a look at the deck builder's previous deck designs and builds to get a sense of their craftsmanship and attention to detail. Ask to see photos of completed decks and try to visit in person a deck the builder has recently completed if possible.
8. Be Sure They Sweat The Details: A reputable, trustworthy deck builder will take the time to ensure that all aspects of your deck are well thought out and executed. This includes things like the spacing of the deck boards, the placement of the railings, and the overall layout of the deck to ensure that it will provide the room and functionality you will be looking for. This is especially important when you decide to replace an older deck that has outgrown its usefulness for your family.
9. Make Sure They Are Easy To Talk To: Choose a deck builder who is easy to talk to and open to your ideas and concerns. Being honest with one another is a key component to any professional relationship. If you don’t understand something, ask for clarity. It's important to feel comfortable communicating with your deck builder throughout the construction process.
10. Value For The Cost: Make sure you are getting a fair price for the work. If an estimate seems too good to be true, it probably is. Don't just choose the cheapest option.
11. Ask About Warranty Protection: Find out what kind of warranty the deck builder offers on their work and materials. A solid, reputable Columbus deck builder will stand behind their work and offer a warranty to protect you in case of any issues.
12. Will They Handle Permits: When you decide on the deck builder of your choice, be sure that they will take care of obtaining any necessary permits and follow all local building codes. The last thing you need is to encounter more responsibility in an area that is foreign to you.
Does Archadeck Of Columbus Check All Of These Boxes?
Yes, and then some. From thoughtful and functional custom design to quality workmanship and materials, unmatched warranties, and more, Archadeck Outdoor Living is unquestionably the expert Columbus deck builder.
We invite you to join our growing family of Columbus homeowners who have trusted us with this major home improvement investment as our brand approaches its 44th year in business.
We are the company with longevity in this market, and we will be here years down the road whenever you need us. We are committed and true to our customers. The truth is, you get a lot more than just a deck when you choose us, a lot more.
Experience The Archadeck Difference And Let’s Meet
To schedule a date and time that works best for you for a personalized deck building design consultation, click here.
And thank you for considering America’s favorite deck builder.
The Archadeck of Columbus Team.