Open Accessibility Menu

Did You Know Archadeck of Charlotte is the Oldest and Best Fort Mill Porch Builder?

Would your porch be featured on a program called “Greatest Porches of Fort Mill, SC”? Or does your porch need a makeover? If your home doesn’t have a porch, or if yours needs a makeover, it’s time to call your Fort Mill porch builder, Archadeck of Charlotte, and claim your porch.

That’s right! Never let a pesky little state line prevent you from calling the best porch builder for miles around. Archadeck of Charlotte has been building outdoor living structures in Fort Mill SC for 30 years, and we’re the only outdoor living company building in Fort Mill for that long. When we first started designing and building porches around here, the city of Charlotte had not spread out so close to Fort Mill. A lot of things have changed, including the landscape and the streetscapes, but one thing has not changed. Archadeck of Charlotte is the Fort Mill porch contractor you need to call for one of the best porches in two states.

Porch ceiling with fans and lighting

We build front porches and back porches. We’ve built every size and shape porch you can imagine, with every type of porch design and every kind of material on the market. A builder does not stay in business this long without doing quite a few things right and receiving extremely favorable reviews. When you choose a porch builder with 30 years of experience, you have the benefit of working with a company that has literally built thousands of porches.

Archadeck of Charlotte doesn’t just build these porches, we design them, too. A design-and-build firm like ours focuses on creating a custom design for each homeowner. After meeting with you and hearing you talk about what you want in a porch, we’ll design one uniquely suited to your home. Our custom porch design will be based on your tastes, wants, needs, the architecture of your home and the topography of your property.

Custom deck with pergola and privacy fence

Looking at back porches, homeowners have several styles to select from including the open or covered porch, the screened porch or a 3-season room, which is a porch with windows that can be closed. Open porch and covered porch are two names for the same structure. It’s open in that the sides of the porch aren’t enclosed with screening, and it’s covered in that it has a roof. So either name is correct.

Open porches give you that airy feeling where nothing stands between you and the outdoors (except for a roof). The benefit of an open porch when compared to a deck or patio is that a porch roof protects you from rain and the UV rays of that South Carolina sun.

If you want a little more protection, you’ll probably be interested in a screened porch, which includes rain and sun protection and adds insect protection to that. No more mosquitoes and flies “bugging” you while you try to eat a nice meal out on the porch! Screened porches have been a favorite in SC and NC since … well, since screens were invented.

Full window sunroom with backyard view

Finally, if you want to take Fort Mill porch living to the next level, one of our favorite outdoor living structures is the 3-season room. Archadeck of Charlotte has seen the 3-season room surge in popularity thanks to the Eze-Breeze 4-track convertible enclosure system. A room built with Eze-Breeze offers almost as much visibility as a screened porch. In addition to having screens, the Eze-Breeze room is enclosed with clear vinyl windows that slide open to reveal 75% of the screens, leaving only 25% covered with window. The benefits include just about as much fresh air as that offered by a screened porch — when the temperature is right — and the ability to close the windows completely when you sense a chill. The Eze-Breeze porch does not tie into your home’s heating and air conditioning systems, so if you use this room on the coldest days you may need a space heater.

You can learn more about Eze-Breeze porch rooms by watching this video from Archadeck of Charlotte:

You’ll be happy to know that Archadeck of Charlotte can convert an existing screened porch into an Eze-Breeze 3-season room. We can also convert a deck or patio into a covered porch, a screened porch or a 3-season room. Many clients have hired us to convert their deck or patio into a porch and add a new deck or patio onto that! This combination outdoor living space offers the best of all worlds.

We can discuss all of these options during your free design consultation. If anyone does create a program called “Greatest Porches of Fort Mill, SC,” we want your porch to be included! Archadeck of Charlotte is your most experienced Fort Mill porch builder, and we’d like to include you among our very long list of satisfied clients.

To schedule your free consultation, give us a call at (704) 850-6104, email us or fill out the form on this website and a Design Consultant will contact you promptly.