Now more than ever, we’re living in every inch of our homes every hour of the day. A sunroom from Archadeck of Central SC creates usable space you can adapt for almost any need you can imagine.
The sunroom’s controlled temperature and ability to capture the light makes it possible for you to enjoy the new room any time of day. We have explored some of the best ways to use your sunroom based on tried-and-true responses from our many satisfied sunroom clients. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Office/School Zoom Space: A laptop, tablet or smartphone makes it possible to communicate anytime, anywhere without disrupting the rest of house. Imagine enjoying a pleasant environment with a natural backdrop when you use your sunroom as mission central.
- Summer Cottage for a Staycation: Turn your sunroom into a vacation destination with all the accoutrements. With a picnic basket lunch or dinner, you may feel like you’re dining al fresco while you enjoy your air conditioning. With all the spring berries in season, why not enjoy a sunroom weekend brunch with loved ones?
- Rainy Day Haven: Place games, books, puzzles, and art supplies in a cabinet ready for those days when the weather isn’t cooperating but you want to see the outdoors. Have a card table and chairs handy to convert your sunroom into an activity center.
- Glamp Out: Slumber parties take on a whole new level of excitement with indoor privacy and an outdoor vibe. The kids will love to slumber in sleeping bags or giggle all night!
- Romantic Dining Spot: Hang floor-to-ceiling drapery fabric on rods all around the sunroom. Fasten the drapes back with ribbons or pull them closed for candlelit romance and ooh la la privacy. A bistro table and two chairs set up like a French cafe completes the scene. A chaise lounge also offers possibilities.
- A Green Oasis: A sunroom can be the ultimate spot for plants that thrive on light. Set up a misting system and rock trays for easy watering. Keep larger plants on wheeled plant caddies for practicality. A thoughtful grouping of indoor/outdoor style wicker furnishings can create a conservatory feel.
- She Shed/Guest Room: Every woman needs her own space, and carving one out of a regular household can be a real challenge. Keep a wicker basket handy in your sunroom to corral toys and other clutter so it doesn’t migrate into this sacred space. Will you have to justify keeping the sunroom separate from the rest of the house? Place a daybed in it and tell everyone it is also a guest bedroom.
- Cocktails on the “Veranda”: A bar cart equipped with ice caddy, glasses, napkins and all the ingredients you need for mixing magnificent cocktails creates the ambiance. Put some Rat Pack tunes on Spotify and you’re golden.
- Victorian Tea Room: Ferns, parlor palms, an elegantly-dressed table and some
English tea make a great sunroom tea party for adults. Children will enjoy an upscale tea party with their dolls here, too.
- Pet Paradise: If you have birds or fish, the sunroom could be a great location for spring and summer enjoyment. Dogs and cats will enjoy the view as well.
- Bird and Butterfly Watch: What you enjoy inside can be influenced by what you plant, hang or display outside. Bird feeders, birdhouses and birdbaths, pollinator and butterfly-friendly flowers planted in view of the sunroom make it the spot to spy on nature’s best. Put some solar-powered glow balls or ornaments in the garden outside for enchanting nighttime views.
- Yoga Studio: Get your om on with wind chimes, yoga mats, Buddha statue and tropical plants. Your smartphone connects you to guided meditations or Zoom yoga classes.
- Man Outa da Cave: Bring your man into the light by dedicating this space to his needs. Even a sunroom can become his favorite place for watching sports. Lounge furniture that is comfortable but easy to clean makes this work. You can incorporate a cooler –
or, if you’re fancy, a little fridge – into the game plan. A handy card table and chairs accommodates the guys for poker night.
- Party Central: Grandmother always set up a buffet on the porch when she entertained the whole family. With one 4 x 8 table and two ice chests, she could easily manage every wedding, wake and walk about ever needed. A sunroom makes an even better spot to enjoy this family tradition! It’s a picnic without the pests, giving you the rest of the house for seating and mingling.
With a sunroom, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Think of it as not only the sun room but also the moon room. You can use it 24/7, 365 days a year. Contact Archadeck of Central SC today and learn more about making every day a sun day!
Mike, Marshall and Tucker Reu of Archadeck of Central SC.