Five Reasons to Consider Having a T.V. on your Open Porch, Screened-in Porch, or Three-Season Room
All the extra home time these days can mean extra television time, too. If you’re looking for a new spot to binge-watch your favorite T.V. shows or any sports you can find, consider the great outdoors. Having a porch with a T.V. is a popular and easy way to enhance your porch’s functionality and expand your at-home entertainment options. T.V.s can be enjoyed on an open porch, screened porch, or three-season room.
Five Reasons to Enjoy a Porch with a T.V. This Fall
- Coronavirus.Need we say more? With theaters closed, events canceled, and limited access to places like restaurants, bars, and travel, adding entertainment options to your open or screened-in porch can help relieve any stir-crazy, pandemic blues. Fresh air and a change of scenery can make a world of difference, even if you’re not far from your indoor living room.
- Football. Autumn afternoons in the Greater Triangle are known for their beautiful colors and crisp breezes mixed with warm sunshine. If you’re an N.C. State, U.N.C., Duke, or N.C. Central fan, this is perfect football-watching weather. Since going to a game isn’t an option these days, enjoying one outdoors at home is the next best thing.
- Outdoor entertaining. If you traditionally have friends over in the fall to celebrate an athletic rivalry, take advantage of the great grilling weather, or to taste the latest craft beers, having a T.V. on your porch allows you to gather your “pod” for some outdoor entertaining time.
- Walnut Creek Amphitheatre. Are you missing outdoor concerts and festivals? Many artists and venues are now streaming live shows for people to enjoy at home. Find your favorite artist on your porch T.V. then cozy up with a loved one, your beverage of choice, and some delicious appetizers to recreate that amphitheater feeling in your own backyard.
- Movie Night. Enjoy a fun movie with your family outdoors, in the comfort of your “screened-in porch.”: https://raleigh-durham.archadeck.com/galleries/screened-porches/ Creating memories with loved ones often happens during small moments that break up the daily routine. Something as simple as an outdoor movie can make an ordinary day feel special. Use your porch T.V. to create special family memories outside, no matter what the weather.
Tips for Installing a T.V. on a Porch
If you want to have an open porch, “screened-in porch,” or “three-season room” with a T.V., it is best to include this in your initial planning. The first step is to identify an ideal place to locate the device. Since T.V.s are electronic and therefore susceptible to weather, we recommend choosing an area with an outlet as far from the window screens or porch edge as possible. In addition to weather protection, placing the T.V. in a more shaded area of the porch will also help to avoid glare from the sunlight. Popular locations for a porch T.V. are on the home’s exterior wall or an outdoor fireplace.
If you’d prefer the peace-of-mind of knowing your porch T.V. can withstand more weather variations, outdoor T.V.s are available. These T.V.s are more costly but are built to withstand temperature and moisture changes. Outdoor T.V.s usually come with a better warranty and a different finish to help minimize glare from natural light.
At Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham and the Greater Triangle, we customize every outdoor living space we build. If you want to create a new open, screened, or three-season porch and having an outdoor T.V. is part of your goal, give us a call today to schedule a design consultation: 919-973-1523. We look forward to working with you!