As we say good-bye to winter and look ahead to summer, it’s time for spring cleaning! This includes cleaning Eze-Breeze® windows, which are one of the most popular choices for porch ventilation by Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham clients. (Eze-Breeze® windows are a combination window system made of screens and ultra-clear vinyl that allow you to easily change your screened porch into a 3-season room simply by opening and closing the windows.)
What Cleans Eze-Breeze Windows?
Eze-Breeze® windows make a cleaner specifically for their windows. If you are interested in getting this product from us, please let us know. We are happy to help you.
If you want to use a DIY solution, we recommend using a lint-free cloth rinsed with clean water to apply Woolite® or Murphy Oil Soap® and warm water. We recommend using one cap full per gallon of warm water.
Don’t be tempted by the cleaner that you use for your other windows; it can damage the vinyl and void your warranty. NEVER use alcohol, ammonia-based, dishwashing soap, or products with abrasives or other harsh chemicals.
How to Clean Eze-Breeze Windows
Follow these steps for maximum cleaning performance.
- Step 1: Make sure the windows are cool before you wash them.
- Step 2: Vacuum the frame using a soft brush attachment.
- Step 3: Hose off the exterior of your Eze-Breeze windows to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Step 4: If the frames and tracks need cleaning, use a soft cloth and clean water to wipe them clean.
- Step 5: Close all of your vents.
- Step 6: Start with the bottom panel, raise it about one inch, release the thumb latches, and tilt it in, resting it on a chair.
- Step 7: Lower the remaining two panels by raising the bottom panel an inch, repeating Step 6, and letting the second panel rest down on the first panel. Repeat Step 7 for the last panel.
- Step 8: Start with the top panel. Use a lint-free cloth rinsed with clean water to apply the Eze-Breeze® or DIY cleaner (see above).
- Step 9: Be sure the panel is dry and free of spots before putting it back in place and moving on to the next panel.
For even more information about the care and maintenance of your Eze-Breeze porch windows go to the PGT Eze-Breeze Maintenance page.
At Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham, our commitment to our clients extends beyond the building process. If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with your deck, porch, patio, windows, or other features, please feel free to give us a call anytime. (919) 446-5585 We look forward to hearing from you.
Check out related content:
Raleigh Composite Decking
Why Should You Build Composite Decking Around Your Pool?