It’s a Catch 22, as they say.
As the doldrums of winter start to gradually melt and fade away, we are all looking forward to spring and summer and the beautiful sunny days that come with it.
But as they also say, “Be careful what you wish for.”
Shade Is A Critically Important Element To Outdoor Living
Soon, you will be basking in your great outdoors in your backyard. Without a cover overhead, you may have to cut your outside leisure time short due to extreme heat from the sun or an unexpected rain shower.
Relax … Archadeck has you covered – literally and figuratively with stunning shade structures for any outdoor living space situation.
Custom Pergola Shade Solutions And Backyard Pavilion Shade Solutions
If you want shade, but don’t want to fully enclose your outdoor living space, a custom cedar pergola could be the perfect solution you’ve been looking for.
Now, you can accent and upgrade the outdoor living space you already enjoy by having Archadeck of Fort Wayne add a pergola to your deck, patio or combination project. This will further enhance the beauty and versatility of your structure or combination space, and bring the shade protection and relief that comes with it.
Some of our six pergola designs will give you protection from inclement weather and also give you shade protection.
- The Timber Ridge Pergola: A classic, timeless design, boasting handsome, large rustic Cedar beams and wood rafters.
- The Bradford Pergola: A wonderful addition to any Fort Wayne area backyard, it features a bold, rustic design with a classic hip roof for architectural interest.
- The Lakewood Pergola: It’s simple and straightforward design harkens back to the days of natural lakeside living. Its contemporary, clean lines offer an expansive back and sidewalls to create a visual – and practical – barrier from the elements of nature, while providing extra privacy.
- The Dublin Pergola: A clean flush ceiling adorns the exposed post and beam detail for a majestic and interesting pitch roof backyard addition.
- The Camden Pergola: A beautifully functional outdoor structure that is tailor-made for outdoor dining and entertaining – or a perfect oasis for a backyard sanctuary.
- The Laredo Pergola: A uniquely imposing backyard architectural creation, with big, bold timbers that work in concert with elegant accents to create a truly one-of-a-kind space.
We invite you to contact us to explore how our fabulous pergola custom designs can take your outdoor living enjoyment to a whole new level.
Backyard Gazebo Shade Solutions
If you do not currently enjoy a backyard outdoor living space and wish to have one that comes with shade and rain protection built in, our stunning gazebo designs may be just what you’re looking for.
Similar in function to a pergola, but without the open lattice rafters, gazebos give homeowners a great way to enjoy weather protection now; and in years to come, it can show future buyers that there is plenty of opportunity to create their own very personal and unique home.
To enrich a new gazebo outdoor living space after construction, there are many ways to enhance and enrich your time out there:
1. Install a fire pit or built-in grill
2. Add a wet bar
3. Have us run power for a large flat screen TV
4. Suspend festive bistro lights around it
5. Add performance fabric outdoor curtains for more shade around the periphery and privacy
6. Add a hot tub to enjoy come rain or shine
Deck Shade Solutions
The ultimate, permanent solution for shade to protect your deck is to have us construct a roof cover. Attached to your house, a covered deck roof is perfect for a deck or patio that does not have a cover. We can construct a permanent, solid roof to transform it into a covered outdoor living space.
In addition to having a pergola, pavilion, or gazebo built onto your deck, you can always add a second story to your deck and thereby create a solid shade barrier to your original deck space below.
With this option, one outdoor living deck area on top of another provides lots of opportunities for entertaining and increases your access to functional, outdoor spaces any time of the day or night. Another added value is it will most likely increase the value of your home. In short, it’s a win/win – a great way to cover your current outdoor living area to add shade and protection from the elements.
Patio Shade Solutions
As mentioned above, there are many ways to add shade to your patio.
A custom pergola, pavilion, gazebo, and arbor are all patio enhancements Archadeck can provide for you.
Construction ideas aside, there are other ways to bring shade to your patio. For example, planting trees around your patio or adjacent to it is a natural way to get the shade you need – but it won’t provide you with the value-added benefit of staying out of the rain.
An oversized patio umbrella may be another good option for you. The potential downside with this idea is that it won’t be constant, continuous protection. Patio umbrellas shade limited areas, any may be best utilized when you have particular spots that need sun protection, such as a patio dining table as sunset approaches.
Get Out Of The Sun, And See The Light With A Complimentary Shade Structure Design Consultation
We invite you to call us at 855-931-4746 or schedule that visit online, right here.
Craig Whitman, owner Archadeck of Fort Wayne.