Once upon a time, there lived a second story backyard pressure treated lumber deck. But alas, time, weather, and use were not kind to it. It needed to be replaced. But replaced with what?
During their free, no-obligation outdoor living space design consultation, the Archadeck of Fort Wayne design consultant and local owner, Craig Whitman, suggested that the old deck structure be torn down and replaced with a better building material – TimberTech AZEK.
Why TimberTech AZEK?
Many reasons. Here are 9 reasons why for starters.
- Fade Resistance: Designed to retain color, proven in third-party testing, we chose TimberTech AZEK low maintenance composite decking in Brownstone.
2. Enviable Beauty: #1 in premium decking with our superior technology and design versatility, TimberTech AZEK low maintenance composite decking is a terrific, time-tested choice.
3. Sophisticated Aesthetics: You would swear that it’s wood – but it’s not. TimberTech AZEK low maintenance composite decking has natural hardwood aesthetics achieved through the most advanced technology. Diverse woodgrain options provide elegance and style.
4. Surface Protection: Alloy Armour Technology® (AAT), is a proprietary TimberTech AZEK alloy blend that provides improved performance characteristics, such as outstanding weather protection, UV protection, resistance to scratching, and improved colorfastness.
5. Livable, Durable Decks: Scratch- and dent-resistant for a more durable surface than many competitive composite and wood products, TimberTech AZEK is now the preferred choice to replace outdated pressure treated lumber.
6. Cooler to the Touch: Even in the most intense outdoor heat, TimberTech AZEK remains up to 30º cooler than other composite products.
7. Easy, Breezy Cleanups: The TimberTech AZEK 50-Year Fade & Stain Warranty is twice the length of most competitors’ warranties. Simply clean up spills with a garden hose.
8. More Traction, Fewer Mishaps: With up to 40% better slip resistance than many competitive composite products, TimberTech AZEK provides better footing.
9. Superior Mold Resistance: With no wood fillers in the core or the cap, TimberTech AZEK provides the best resistance to mold and other moisture damage.
To enhance the aesthetic appeal of this beautiful second level outdoor living structure, we added a picture-framed border for visual interest. In addition, the new railing on this deck is very unique – Westbury Vertical Cable railing in the color Gloss Beige.
Thanks to the explosion of home improvement programs now streaming, vertical railings are now the rage in both interior and exterior design, and Westbury Vertical Cable railing is one the very finest for outdoor deck designs.
Enabling clearer backyard views with its contemporary vertical cables and balusters, it provides a stunning and seamless architectural style with virtually no obstructed views.
Thanks to Archadeck, more gracious entertaining is possible as guests can now enjoy the deck drink rail which allows them to place their beverage safely on a connected surface while outdoors.
Old Deck? Repair? Redeck? Replace? When In Doubt About What To Do, Call Archadeck
The process of trying to figure out what new upgrade or structure would be best for your family can be a grueling task when you go it alone. Don’t. Call America’s #1 outdoor living builder for the best advice and solutions that will be the best fit for your needs.
You can connect with us, right now – right here.
Craig Whitman, owner Archadeck of Fort Wayne.