As pandemic restrictions begin to ease, families and friends are beginning to reunite. Gathering in small groups outdoors is an ideal way to come together. What better place to entertain your loved ones than in an outdoor living space at your own home?
At Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham and the Greater Triangle, our design team customizes outdoor living spaces to meet our clients’ specific requirements. If you are interested in building a deck, porch, or patio for entertaining that is both beautiful and functional, our team can help you think through various design questions and ideas, such as:
- Size: What size gatherings do you plan to host? We can help make sure your deck, porch, or combination space has plenty of room for ALL of your guests to relax and enjoy your time together.
- Seating: Where will all of your guests sit? Storing extra chairs needed for entertaining is not always practical or ideal. At Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham, we often design built-in benches or wide deck stairs to complement a space aesthetically and also provide spaces for overflow seating.
- Accessibility: What types of traffic flow do you expect in your space? Will guests be moving back and forth between the house, the deck or porch, and out into the yard? Our team can design your space for the optimal flow of people and activities.
- Conversation: What types of entertaining will you do? Are you interested in creating spaces that foster conversation? Creating areas built for lounge furniture is a start, but you may want to also consider adding a firepit or outdoor fireplace for gathering in cooler weather.
- Cooking: Do you like to cook? Creating an outdoor kitchen is great for both everyday living and outdoor entertaining. If entertainment is your focus, you may want to make the prep space larger, add a built-in grill or refrigerator, or include a wet bar where guests can hang out nearby while you cook.
- Outdoor Dining: Do you enjoy dining outdoors when you entertain? When you host friends and family, you may need more table and seating space than for everyday use. Our team can help create multiple dining spaces or one large space to accommodate a fluctuating number of diners.
- Play: Do you like to host game night? Depending on your favorite activity, we can design your deck or porch to support it. You may want a dedicated space for a poker table, shuffleboard table, or a lounge area large enough for charades. If yard games are more your speed, we can help design a comfortable viewing spot for spectators.
- Entertainment: What other ways do you like to entertain outdoors? These days, outdoor entertaining is starting to look and feel more like indoor entertaining. If your friends are die-hard sports fans or like to binge-watch different TV series, you may to make sure you create ample viewing space around your porch TV.
Customized Outdoor Living Solutions
More and more, outdoor living is becoming a popular part of daily life, whether to entertain on special occasions or use for everyday purposes. If this is what you wish for your home, we can help. At Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham and the Greater Triangle, we create customized spaces for entertaining and enjoying life outdoors, in your very own backyard. Call Archadeck today to discuss your options for a new or remodeled outdoor living space: 919-973-1523. We look forward to working with you!