Recently, thanks to Covid-19, we have all rediscovered the joys of being home and embracing outdoor living. Our decks, patios, sunrooms and porches have become our offices, our gyms, our social gathering places and where we retreat to most. This year, why not invest in your outdoor living space, whether it be small or sprawling?
Archadeck of West Central and Southwest Ohio can bring a multitude of these trends to your home with our free design consultation.
The Top Ten Backyard Deck Trends
- Outdoor Living Rooms: With outdoor living rooms, you have the opportunity to create a similar feel to the interior of your home or go 180º and create a whole new layout. You can have a lounge area with a comfy couch, a relaxing swing to sip that refreshing glass of ice tea, rocking chairs to chat the night away, and decor that represents your style and vibe. Combination outdoor living room spaces are now more popular than ever as people combine a deck with a patio, screened porch, or 3-season room.
- Outdoor Kitchens: If you love to entertain, Outdoor kitchens and bars offer the perfect place for friends and family to gather and spend time together. Outdoor kitchens can include smokers, outdoor grills, running water faucets, refrigeration, and much more. Archadeck can help design your ideal kitchen that aligns with your lifestyle and envisions exactly how you plan to use this space. With many functional and convenient features that bring life outdoors, everything you might need to host that perfect party or cook your next family dinner will be within reach.
- Updated Deck Railings: The world of exterior deck railings has expanded over the past few years. Now there are stunning, sleek, aluminum railings, low maintenance composite railings, and the addition of drink rails, to hold your beverage. Also consider the modern look of steel cable railing, making your outdoor space stylish, functional and contemporary. So whether you’re starting a new deck, or redecking an existing one, explore the many railing styles and options available to you.
- Deck Lighting: As we transition from spring into summer, warm weather evenings are sure to stretch long into the night. Deck lighting can not only enhance safety, but the soft glow of LED lights, or the casual drape of festive string lights can create a certain ambiance that sets the mood for a relaxed backyard environment. With a variety of lighting options, you can customize your outdoor living space to enjoy every time the sun goes down.
- Fire Pits: Is there anything better than sitting around a fire pit with friends, chatting and relaxing? Do you love building that perfect s’more? Are you mesmerized by the illuminating flicker of a flame? Our custom fire pits and fire features can highlight your backyard with texture and architecture, creating a true evening destination.
- Outside Bar: This is a great idea for homeowners who frequently host large parties in their backyard. Instead of sequestering your into a corner to get a beverage from the bar, create a separate structure adjacent to your deck or outdoor living space. It will eliminate congestion and free up room where beer, wine, and iced tea are served for a less cluttered experience.
- Temperature Control: Enjoying your outdoors doesn’t mean you have to swelter on those warmer days and evenings. Outdoor ceiling fans have become popular with brands that feature large, sweeping fan blades to better circulate fresh, cooling air. The variety of decorative styles and sizes that are now available may amaze you.
- Pergolas: Speaking of temperature control, sometimes a little shade can be exactly what your space needs. A pergola consists of columns to support a grid of roofing beams and rafters. What makes them so perfect is they offer a little bit of coverage while also offering space for plants to grow or open breezes to come through. Especially for decks, pergolas are a great way to make your backyard classier while adding shade.
- Relaxation Features: A great place to start is to think about how you relax inside your home, and then transition those setups and experiences outdoors on your deck. Lounge chairs, hammocks, swing beds, an outdoor dining table and chairs – the only thing limiting the possibilities is your imagination.
10. Bright, Vibrant Colors:Most decks are constructed from a defined color palette – brown, gray, or reddish tones. Define individual spaces and add pizzazz with color. Splashes of vibrant greens and blues in your outdoor fabrics or surrounding perennial flowers is a great place to start. Something as simple as a few colorful outdoor throw pillows can totally change the look of your deck.
The One Best Way…. To Have A Conversation With Us
In the spirit of leisure and relaxation, to set up your free design consultation to discuss how we can enhance and transform your backyard, just click right here. That’s all it takes.
Roger Miller, owner Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio