Summer is all about getting outdoors and enjoying the warm weather, sunshine and the outdoor living lifestyle. Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio is not only your premier local outdoor living structure builder, we are also your local Big Green Egg dealer. Around here, we focus on all the positive aspects of outdoor living. This includes outdoor cooking, dining and entertaining!
With this in mind, we thought it only appropriate to share some of the savory summer recipes to create on the Big Green Egg in honor of the season.
Smash Cheese Burgers prepared using the Big Green Egg Plancha
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese, or cheddar jack of your feeling fiesty (optional)
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 500°F/260°C with the Big Green Egg Cast Iron Plancha.
- Season the beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roll beef into 8 – 2 oz. balls.
- Place 4 balls on the plancha, close the lid and wait 1-2 minutes. Open the lid and smash the balls with a spatula until they are about an inch thick. Cook 2 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook another 2 minutes. Put cheese on the burger and wait another minute, until the cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Top with your favorite burger accoutrements — enjoy!
- 4 ears of sweet summer corn (we like Silver Queen)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp queso fresco
- 2 tbsp preferred chili-based seasoning (Cumin and Paprika work great too)
- 1 lime cut into small wedges
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without a convEGGtor at 350°F.
- Shuck corn down to last layer of the husk and soak in water for 1 hour to saturate and prevent burning.
- Place corn on grates and cook for approximately 15 minutes (the fresher the corn, the less time this will take). Rotate ears to cook evenly on all sides. Retrieve corn and shuck final layer when cool enough to touch.
- Slather kernels with mayo and roll corn in crumbled queso fresco. Shake seasoning of choice over all sides of each ear of corn. Squeeze fresh lime to taste. Serve immediately.
- 1 Large Watermelon
- 12 Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- 10 sprigs of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Big Green Egg Bamboo Skewers, soaked
- Salt to taste
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
- Skewer the shrimp and season with the olive oil and Sweet & Smoky Seasoning.
- Cut the Watermelon in a 3-inch diameter. Lightly salt the watermelon.
- Grill Watermelon 3 minutes on each side and remove from the grill.
- Grill the shrimp 3 minutes per side and remove from the grill.
- Build the pizza with the shrimp, feta cheese, jalapeño, tomatoes and cilantro. Grill for another 5 minutes to soften feta and watermelon.
New to the Big Green Egg-sperience?
The Big Green Egg is widely acclaimed as the original American-designed ceramic cooker and this modern culinary marvel stands alone as the most versatile barbecue and outdoor cooking product on the market. Eggs offer more capabilities than all other conventional cookers combined. From the perfect steak, melt-in-your-mouth ribs to appetizers and desserts, The Big Green Egg comes in six convenient sizes to choose from, so there is a model to fit any lifestyle or budget. As your Big Green Egg authorized dealer, now is the time to place your order in time to savor all the tantalizing summertime treats that you can prepare on your EGG.
Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio also offers the full line of Big Green Egg accompaniments, including the Plancha shown here and the convEGGtor. Schedule an appointment today to stop by our showroom by calling us at (937) 563-4847, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.