Does outdoor carpentry and construction work run in your blood? Would you rather build a deck than a resume? Can you read a blueprint? If you’ve answered Yes to these three questions, and you’re interested in a better job, you should consider applying to work for, or with, Archadeck.
Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio is currently interviewing for Deck Builders and Construction Crews.
Are you ready to work for the best? We know that great jobs are only as great as the people who work in them. If you take pride in the work you do, and meet the qualifications described on the Employment page of our website, read on.
Working for Archadeck as a Deck Builder
Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio is currently looking for professionals with specific expertise in designing and building residential structures. Archadeck employees are expected to display strong interpersonal communication skills along with excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic. In addition, the Deck Builder must be able to follow Archadeck’s documented processes in use throughout the Archadeck Outdoor Living franchise system. Successful execution of these processes contributes to our excellent national reputation as builders of top-quality outdoor living structures.
Applicants for Deck Builder Must Possess These Characteristics:
- You are drug-free
- You are a self-starter
- You are professional and reliable
- You pay close attention to detail
- You can read, follow, and build to blueprints
A Deck Builder must have reliable transportation and required tools as well as liability and worker’s comp insurance. We recommend you include pictures and references of prior outdoor living projects when you submit your resume for this position to email@example.com.
Working as an Archadeck Construction Crew
We define a construction crew as at least one or two other people in addition to a lead carpenter. We are always looking for construction crews. If you have a reliable crew of two or more carpenters, we can keep you busy! Crew members will receive fair pay and get consistent, year-round work. You’ll be an independent subcontractor managing your own time while meeting the expectations of our customers. You’ll be responsible for your own employees and tools, etc. Income from your Archadeck jobs will be reported on Form 1099 at year-end, and you are responsible for paying related taxes.
Construction Crew Qualifications:
- Carry workers compensation and general liability insurance
- Be a self-starter
- Have knowledgeable, skilled, experienced people working for you
- Have the standard tools such as chop saw, drills, etc.
- Have reliable transportation (truck)
- Have the ability to build decks, porches and hardscapes
- Have the ability to read blueprints and build to blueprint specifications
- Know the applicable building codes
- Be skilled at both frame and finish work
In addition, familiarity with composite decking and how these wood alternatives work is a PLUS, as is the ability to build roofed structures.
Expectations of an Archadeck Construction Crew:
- We expect consistency, reliability and high-quality work.
- We expect a strong work ethic.
- We expect each project to be built according to Archadeck’s high standards and within the agreed-upon time frame.
Typical Responsibilities of Our Construction Crews:
- Go over job specs with Construction Manager prior to beginning a new project, including blueprints and bill of materials, etc.
- Demo prior structures at the job site when required.
- Coordinate inspections with the Construction Manager to avoid downtime.
- Work reliably each day from job start to job finish. (Weekend work is not required.)
- Perform high-quality work consistently.
- Do your part to keep the job site clean each day.
- Let the Construction Manager know of any missing materials.
- Work to resolve problems quickly.
- Follow up to complete punch list items timely.
- Sell and design projects
- Secure building permits
- Provide blueprints for all projects
- Provide materials, hardware (except nails for nailguns, because styles and sizes vary)
- Provide hangers, screws, etc.
Archadeck Outdoor Living is North America’s leading designer and builder of outdoor living spaces. We design and build decks, porches, sunrooms, hardscapes, pergolas, outdoor kitchens, outdoor fire features, and more. If this sounds like the place to put your skills to work, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.