Custom Patios in Novi, MI
Functional Hardscape Designs Near You
Have you been dreaming of transforming your backyard? A patio or other hardscape might be the best way to do so. Our designers at Archadeck of Southeast Michigan will create a customized plan that incorporates all the things you have in mind for your home. Do you want an area that can accommodate a dining set? Or do you have a more elaborate vision that involves hardscaping multiple levels? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ll be happy to build it.
What Is Hardscaping?
Hardscaping is often confused with landscaping, but they are not the same thing.
"Landscaping" is all about adding flowers, plants, and trees to your property. On the other hand, "hardscaping" refers to any manmade design or addition (think bricks, stone, and wood) to an outdoor living space. For example, a patio is a type of hardscape.
Hardscapes serve as a great way to enhance your commercial or residential landscape. They provide the space and comfort for your family to swim, grill, eat, lounge, and host gatherings. By complementing the other elements of your yard, a hardscape can also significantly elevate the ambiance.
Types of Hardscapes We Can Build
At Archadeck of Southeast Michigan, we can build a hardscape that makes your dream outdoor space a reality:
- Patios – Much more than a slab of concrete, patios provide a space for hosting parties and lounging outdoors. We can help you choose a design that improves functionality and accentuates your aesthetic.
- Grill surrounds – Adding a grill surround to a patio offers an excellent opportunity for grilling and BBQ. We can make sure your grill surrounds match any masonry or brickwork in your backyard. We can also add a granite countertop to provide extra cooking space.
- Walkways – A walkway or sidewalk made of brick pavers or flagstone is a great way to provide safe passage around your landscape.
- Sitting walls – A sitting wall is a great way to add seating along the perimeter of a patio. In terms of design, sitting walls nicely complement fire pits, grill surrounds, and planters.
- Retaining walls – If your landscape has a steep slope, retaining walls are a great way to support and level the elevated soil. They can help prevent mudslides and flooding during storms and neatly tidy up your landscape.
- Sunrooms – Sunrooms are an extension of your home. With clear floor-to-ceiling glass windows, you will be able to enjoy bright light, green trees, and blue skies without having to deal with the elements.
- Pergolas – A pergola over your patio is a great way to offer sun relief and shade. We can build a free-standing pergola or connect it to the back of your house.
Does Hardscaping Add Value to Homes?
Are you debating whether you should add hardscaping to your home because you're not sure if it'll add any value? If so, you can rest assured that quality hardscaping has a great return on investment.
Not only does a patio or other hardscape improve the charm and character of your home, but it also turns more of your outdoor living space into usable space. This increases your home's property value. It also elevates your home's aesthetic appeal to future potential buyers.
As for the here and now, you and your guests will be tempted to spend more time outside.
Affordable Patio and Hardscape Installation
With access to many different types of materials for hardscape and patio designs, as well as decks and porches, we have the resources to work with your vision. Let us know your dream aesthetic. We can find products to make your outdoor space beautiful and functional. At the same time, our expert designers will make sure to stay within your budget. A beautiful patio doesn't have to break the bank.