- Why Archadeck
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Explore a franchise>>
Construction details make the difference.
"The building inspector came, said ?Wow!? and left"
– Customer in Boxford, MA - decks in Boxford, MA
- Archadeck Unified Structural System governs construction process.
- Strict adherence to our proprietary Construction Master File documenting all construction details.
- Construction to-and above-local and national code.
- Professional project documentation throughout.
- Meticulous attention to finish details assure aesthetic integrity.
- Constructed as an extension of your home, not an "attachment."
- Entire process reflects professional craftsmanship and utmost respect for your property.
Archadeck's construction techniques are mandated across the entire Archadeck network. On average, our decks are built to exceed code by 40% to 60% to ensure a strong and sturdy structure. Where possible, deck floorboards are installed diagonally for added structural integrity and visual appeal. (If a parallel or perpendicular decking pattern is desired we will incorporate a diagonal brace below the deck frame.) Boards are typically screwed or installed with hidden fastening system rather than nailed.
Care is taken to design and construct around specific functional issues. Wherever possible, wood grain is aligned perpendicular with the traffic pattern to reduce the opportunity for splinters on bare feet. If a hot tub is planned, a multi-tier design is often recommended for aesthetic appeal and ease of access to both the tub and control panels. Interesting angles are employed on most deck designs to avoid an unimaginative, "boxy" appearance.
Archadeck construction standards also emphasize attention to detail for a stylish, finished look. Risers are incorporated on stairs, trim hides unsightly board ends, and hidden fastener systems are employed where applicable. Archadeck believes that a small extra effort gives homeowners a huge return on investment in both structural longevity and the ever-popular "wow" factor.