- Why Archadeck
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Explore a franchise>>
3-Season Room Surrounded by Deck
A beautiful project that was constructed on a new deck. The addition compliments the house and the surroundings, finished with retaining wall and plantings.
"We couldn’t be more satisfied."
– Customer in Newton, MA
- Ipe (EE-pay) is increasingly the most popular exotic hardwood used in decking.
- Ipe can be sustainably harvested, allowing you to enjoy the beauty of tropical hardwood without the worry of rainforest destruction.
- Ipe tends to offer more strength, beauty, and natural insect and rot resistance than other exotic hardwoods.
- Ipe has held up beautifully for 25 years in high-traffic public boardwalks.
- Ipe is naturally fire resistant.
- Archadeck has experience building Ipe decks of all sizes.
This beautiful wood is extremely fine grained and dense, leading to its amazing strength and rot resistance. The wood is known by a variety of names, including Brazilian walnut and ironwood. Ipe is so dense that it is extremely difficult to cut. Advanced cutting technologies have popularized its use in recent years.