- Why Archadeck
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Explore a franchise>>
Join the Archadeck team
and build a business you'll love.
Archadeck offers a variety of unique financial and quality-of-life benefits to potential franchisees. View the following for insights on the advantages of owning an Archadeck franchise:
Watch a video on the benefits of Archadeck franchise ownership.
Watch a video on the benefits of being a part of Outdoor Living Brands.
Relax. Enjoy. The great outdoors can now become your creative and business playground. And that's just for starters.
Trying to figure out what's next in your life? Wanting to fulfill your personal, business, family and financial goals in a way that will add joy and satisfaction to your life?
We should talk. We're Archadeck Outdoor Living.
Founded in the early 1980s, our outdoor franchise has been providing its clients with the backyards of their dreams for nearly 30 years. There are many reasons why our franchisees decided to invest in an Archadeck Outdoor Living franchise to pursue their personal and business goals:
- High personal satisfaction: For many people, running an Archadeck franchise is a dream job. You can have an in-home office. Your schedule is flexible and completely under your control. You get to interact with appreciative clients and positively impact their family's lifestyle. You spend time outdoors. You can exercise your creativity (but you don't have to be creative) and see tangible results of your efforts with every amazing structure and outdoor living space that your company designs and builds.
- Proven sales process: While many of our competitors might scribble project dimensions on a napkin, you'll deliver a fabulous outdoor living plan that will impress your customers and clearly differentiate you from any competitors. The designs will be presented as professional 3D renderings accurately depicting finished projects in photo realistic fashion. And to nail the deal shut, you'll offer not one, but two separate levels of client protection warranties and guarantees that are unmatched in the outdoor living industry, further differentiating Archadeck Outdoor Living from any competitors.
- Strong market demand: Of the 80 million homes in the U.S, 60 million still need decks. And those decks will generally need to be replaces every 10 to 20 years. So you'll have the opportunity to create new-builds as well as replacements. In addition, decks are only about half of what is designed and built under the Archadeck Outdoor Living name. Screened porches, sunrooms, three-season rooms, patios, hardscaped areas, pergolas, gazebos and more outdoor living structures are all important product lines.
- Low overhead costs: You don't need a storefront, workers, including design consultants and subcontracted building crews, are paid on a job-to-job basis so your labor cost is variable, and there is negligible inventory, as materials aren't typically ordered until you secure a down payment from the client to purchase them.
- Strong financial picture: An Archadeck Outdoor Living franchise requires only a modest amount of start-up capital. Your initial start-up costs are generally between $32,000 and $101,000, including the franchise fee. And yet, Archadeck margins are extremely attractive and at the high-end of the industry range as described more fully in Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document.
Featured on HGTV and the DIY Network, Archadeck Outdoor Living is consistently ranked at the top by Qualified Remodeler Magazine. And for good reason - we are by far the largest player of our kind.
Any franchise is only as good as its foundation of franchisees that give the brand and business model enriched life, every day. At Archadeck Outdoor Living we are blessed to have a family of franchisees who do us more than proud. They are truly outstanding in their field.
You'll be in business for yourself, not by yourself. Our entire team understands that if you succeed, we succeed.
As you become a subject matter expert in innovative, fun and functional outdoor living spaces and places, we'll provide outstanding mentoring and guidance in every way possible to help you to achieve your personal career, lifestyle, wealth and income goals for your business.
From suggestions on how to finance your business and operate at maximum profitability, to helping you build a team of designers and subcontractors to execute your business growth vision, the Archadeck Outdoor Living management team and franchise support will be at your side - literally and figuratively.
When you come to our Richmond, Virginia, headquarters for your initial training, we will work with you one-on-one to ensure that you get the understanding, guidance and mentoring you need to launch your business.
Once you hit the ground running, our diligent, proactive and professional franchise support team will be there when you need them - to discuss best practices, to assist you with design questions, analyze your financials compared to your network of peers - whatever the need.
The sky's the limit.
Your financial destiny and pathway to growth and personal fulfillment will be in your hands.
According to the American Institute of Architects, the demand for outdoor living spaces is on the rise. More than 60% of architects questioned in an AIA survey said that they had seen an increase in outdoor living space requests, a rise from 56% in the previous year. This is great news for a category that is already well over $10 billion in annual revenues.
Recent research indicates that consumers are moving away from upgrading to another home and instead looking into remodeling their existing homes. Adding outdoor living spaces to more fully enjoy what they currently have, while enhancing the market value of their residence, has been a top choice for many homeowners.
A most reasonable investment, especially considering the opportunity.
With an initial franchise fee ranging from $24,500 to $49,500 and a projected marketing budget of at least $20,000 for your first year of operation, your initial investment in an Archadeck Outdoor Living territory is very manageable.
Our selection process ensures that the fit is right for both of us, you as a potential franchisee, and Outdoor Living Brands, as the franchisor. So what makes an ideal Archadeck franchisee?
- Strong interpersonal and/or sales skills: While construction and creative skills aren't necessary to begin, franchisees must readily be able to convey benefits to clients to close the sale.
- Strong organizational skills: Capable of tracking multiple projects and ensuring that each runs smoothly.
- Solid work ethic and client service mindset: Diligence and a determination to provide the best possible service and product are an essential part of the client service that sets Archadeck Outdoor Living apart.
- Superior willingness to embrace a proven system: Willingness to attend training and embrace the proven marketing, referral, business management and design and construction techniques developed by Archadeck Outdoor Living over nearly 30 years.
- Sufficient start-up capital: While the initial investment is comparatively modest, it's necessary to invest funds in marketing to successfully launch your business.
Throughout the franchise discovery process, we provide in-depth one-on-one conversations and easy-to-comprehend informational videos to help you more easily learn about our systems and proven business practices.
The personal conversations enable us to learn about your needs, objectives and your skill set. Should there appear to be a mutual fit, you will be invited to meet our senior leadership team at our Richmond, VA headquarters on the final step in our selection process.
We're just a phone call or click away from your new future.
We look forward to chatting with you throughout your Archadeck Outdoor Living franchise discovery process and, to help you to determine if an outdoor franchise might be the right vehicle to pursue your personal career, lifestyle, wealth and income goals.
Call us toll-free at 800-722-4668 and ask for Franchise Recruitment.
Or, just fill in the blanks in the form on this page and we will get ready to contact you with everything you need to know. After reviewing the form, provided it appears that there may be a match and we have available territory in your market, we'll ask you to proceed through the following steps:
- Introduction and Qualification Interview - This initial call will set the stage for future interactions and ensure we have a good idea of your business and personal goals.
- Archadeck Business Overviews - This series of videos and personal phone conversations will give you detailed insights into our primary operating systems.
- Review of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) - The FDD review gives you a more in-depth view of the key business provision on an Archadeck Franchise Agreement.
- Review of Franchise Territory - This review will include a detailed discussion of the territory where your franchise business will operate.
- Business Management & Capital Planning Overview - This overview will discuss the financial and business planning aspects of operating an Archadeck franchise location and review your capabilities to meet the required investment.
- Confirmation Day in Richmond, VA - You'll spend a day at our headquarters where our management team will answer any remaining questions. At the end of the day, we'll each be in a position to make a decision - you regarding whether an outdoor franchise can help you to reach your goals, and us on whether awarding you a franchise will help us build our brand in your market.
- Execute your Franchise Agreement and Enroll in Training - We'll work closely with you to finalize your paperwork and enroll you in an upcoming training class for new franchisees.