- Why Archadeck
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Explore a franchise>>
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of products do you build?
- How many designs do I have to choose from?
- Do you sell your designs or plans, so I can build it myself?
- What kinds of wood do you use?
- Do you have a written contract that I will sign?
- What type of warranty do you offer?
- When are your busiest times of the year?
- Do you have an office in my area?
- Can I get an estimate before I decide to hire Archadeck?
- What do you charge per square foot?
- Are you insured?
- Is it necessary to get a building permit?
- How soon can my project be built?
- I've just signed a contract with Archadeck. How long will it take to build my project?
- Do you build with pressure-treated materials and are there any dangers with them?
- What type of screen do you use in your screened porches?
1. What kinds of products do you build?
We design and build decks, porches, screened porches, sunrooms, gazebos, pergolas, arbors, privacy fences, privacy screens, docks, pool & spa decks, walkways, ramps and other outdoor structures.
2. How many designs do I have to choose from?
Our work is customized to your exact needs, so your design options are virtually endless. If all that design freedom overwhelms you, you can choose from our eight Simply Classic deck designs that can be easily modified to fit your space.
3. Do you sell your designs or plans, so I can build it myself?
No, all of our work is custom designed, so we don't sell our plans.
4. What kinds of wood do you use?
We are experienced with treated wood, cedar, redwood, tropical hardwoods, and low-maintenance composites and synthetics. You have a full range of material to choose from.
5. Do you have a written contract that I will sign?
Yes. We supply you with a detailed contract to protect you from any misunderstandings
6. What type of warranty do you offer?
We offer two separate warranties to assure your satisfaction. 1. Our own warranty provides you with protection against defects in materials and workmanship for 12 months; defects in structural fitness for 60 months; and passes through all manufacturer warranties (the most frequent being the lifetime warranty provided by treated wood manufacturers). 2. A third party guarantee backs our warranty. This guarantee is made by The National Guarantee Corporation and assures your work will be completed as specified.
7. When are your busiest times of the year?
We are typically busiest during the spring into early summer (March - July), and again in September. We build year ‘round.
8. Do you have an office in my area?
Hopefully, we do. You can click on the "Find Archadeck near you" button on our home page to search by zip code.
9. Can I get an estimate before I decide to hire Archadeck?
Definitely. A representative will come to your home for a free design consultation. During the consultation, we’ll discuss your needs, personal preferences and budget. After that complementary meeting, you can decide for yourself whether you want to proceed to the next step.
10. What do you charge per square foot?
Since our projects are custom designed and built, square footage pricing is meaningless. There are so many variables that affect the final price (height off the ground, site conditions, material choices, local code requirements, complexity of design, etc.) that a simple square footage price would be misleading. However, if we have an office in your area, they will be happy to provide you with a free design consultation and an exact price.
11. Are you insured?
Yes, our dealers carry at least one million dollars of general liability insurance, and their carpentry crews are covered by worker's compensation insurance.
12. Is it necessary to get a building permit?
Where a building permit is required by local code, Archadeck will secure that permit for you. You need this permit for three very important reasons:
- It's the law.
- It's one of the ways we protect you.
- Some homeowner's insurance policies will not protect you if an injury occurs on a structure that does not have a permit.
13. How soon can my project be built?
The time frame varies depending on the season and the workload of the local office. Please contact your local office for more information.
14. I've just signed a contract with Archadeck. How long will it take to build my project?
It depends on the size and complexity of your project, the weather, and the workload of your local office. Normally, projects can be turned around faster in the fall and winter (as opposed to the spring, which is our busiest season). Your local office should be able to give you an approximate start and finish date, subject to weather conditions and materials availability.
15. Do you build with pressure-treated materials and are there any dangers with them?
As of January 1, 2004, wood treated with CCA (chromated copper arsenate), has been phased out for consumer use. ACQ (alkaline copper quat) and CA (copper azole) are the new formulations used for treating wood against termite damage and rot. The EPA has approved all treatment methods for safe usage in residential applications. In addition, wood alternatives and composite decking materials have become consumer favorites. Other popular pressure-treated wood alternatives include cedar and tropical hardwoods.
16. What type of screen do you use in your screened porches?
Screening materials are typically fiberglass or aluminum, in either silver or charcoal colors. We offer classic hand-stretched, screen panel inserts with aluminum or cedar frames, or a vinyl trim system (know as Screen Tight). There are other options for screening, including a UV option, heavy-duty pet screen, or very fine weave "no-see-um" screening to keep out the tiniest of bugs.